Saturday, March 26, 2005

Napule!


napule! Posted by Hello

went out last night for some good eats. a couple of weeks ago, actually in February, walked by this joint and it looked mighty good. they have a big stone oven in which they were baking pizza's so I decided to ask for a business card. the guy at the front gave me one and told me there is usually a two week wait for tables. how crazy is that? so I made a reservation for a Friday night and that was yesterday.

is a nice little Italian pizzeria restaurant tucked down a sidestreet in a trendy area of Tokyo , Aoyama. the first floor is just kitchen and the big brick oven and on the second story is about 15 tables. a very cozy restaurant with a great ambiance. nothing romantic but just a lively boisterous atmosphere. the service was friendly and not pretentious, the patrons not hoity toity and the food was great! a little on the expensive side but overall would make the recommendation to anyone looking for some good eats and a great atmosphere but at a price... keke.

as you can see from the picture, the building itself is a little bit unique. I told my friend I was going who had been there before, asking her if the food was good and she mentioned that the building would probably fall down in an earthquake. OK, so the building is a little 'rustic' but I think that was all a part of the charm. some of the servers were Italian (I think... they seemed to be speaking in some foreign tongue not Japanese and not English) and the interior definately did have character. A lot of these kinds of small restuarants tucked away in a corner in Tokyo, which is one thing I love.

On a side note, didn't end up going to the bar to watch the Japan vs Iran game but instead fumed at home as the boys in blue put on a pathetic effort against the Iranians. If you are Iranian it was a great game to be at, 120,000 fans packing the stadium in Tehran and seeing Iran beat one of the top teams in Asia en route to the 2006 World Cup. Bummer to be a Japan fan like me though... those Japanese boys are too pampered...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home